Sunday, August 28, 2011

Loose Living

So, long time, no blog. It's easy to get out of the habit when I get out of work and immediately feel like falling asleep before I so much as look at a keyboard. So, it's a bank holiday weekend and I've actually managed to catch up on some sleep with a much needed snooze, so what have I been up to?

In OU news, I racked up another 98% for my video project which I was pleased with - I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it publicly, but I might put it on Google Plus if anyone is interested and I can work out how to upload it. I've got an end of course assessment to do now, with a day school in Leeds next Saturday.

In games news, Zookeeper DX has been occupying my time - it's perfect for playing on the touch screen of the iPhone in small doses (ok, long doses of Tokaton mode then). I've also played a bit more of Portal 2 - how could anyone think that this was a short game? Some of the test chambers with energy fields, gels and turrets can take a fair amount of time to solve, especially if trial and error is required.

In telly news, we've been watching Forbrydelsen (also known as The Killing). It's a Danish crime drama with the twist being that the lead investigator Sarah Lund is efficient and does things by the book, while her maverick partner Jan Meyer frequently threatens to derail the case by jumping to wrong conclusions and strong arming witnesses. Doctor Who is back again, and very watchable, although the increasingly convoluted back story of River Song (complete with some audacious retconning by Stephen Moffat) is overshadowing everything else. Good fun for a Saturday night if you don't over analyse it.

Finally, we have the last festival of the summer with WestonPhest in Barnsley tomorrow, so expect tweets ...

No comments: